Pages

January 7, 2010

books, books, and more books!

I am not only a lover of all things literary, I also adore buying and keeping the books I have read. It's like having a shelf full of old friends and memories that you can sift through when you're feeling nostalgic. I love the feeling of seeing a book and remembering the experiences, the changes you went through, the feelings you felt, while reading that particular book. I haven't really been able to get rid of books since I was really young. I did donate books to our church library once, but I've regretted it ever since. Not that I don't like sharing my friends, but seriously, I feel like I lost a part of myself by giving those books away, and seriously have considered re-purchasing the books, just to regain that part of my past.

Knowing all this, I'm sure you can understand why I am in love with these bookshelves.





















[viaYouAreMyFaveJr]

Don't worry. I have already instructed my husband to build these for me someday. I might even have them be that perfect blue color. Someday.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I recently finished a book, found a place for it in my bookshelf, and was then told by my mom that we were borrowing it from her friend. So disappointing. Luckily, we found the same book at a thrift store a few days ago : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't get rid of books either!
    and oddly, i don't like to let people borrow my books, mostly because i go crazy, highlighting, underlining, and writing in them as i read. so they get kind of personal, and it would be like having someone read through my journal...
    it's always awkward when someone asks to borrow a book and i say no. :)

    ReplyDelete