Pages

April 11, 2011

"Loneliness does not come from being alone, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important."

I was just thinking about my mom a few minutes ago, and how much I miss her. And then I read this quote and thought "That is why I miss her so much."

There's a part of me that just feels alone, like there's just not the right person to open up this part of my heart, the part of my heart that my mother owned and cared for so gently and generously. 

I miss her so much for so many reasons. There are just so many important things that I wish I could tell her.

I know that she didn't hold all of the answers, but it sure feels like she would have some good advice for some of the struggles I am facing right now.

Ohhh how my throat burns with the ways that I miss her.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I don't know you, and probably never will... but the girl I love but cannot be with at this current time and place sent me that quote... and I googled it. And I found this. And I read it, and it surprised me how closely I related to you. I just lost my father 5 years ago, yet it still feels like yesterday. I miss him so much, and I feel like a whole chunk of my heart has been broken. I wanted you to know that you are not alone in this pain. It sucks big time. I guess that's it... I wish much strength to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that sums up how it feels to miss someone who dies....I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have no words...but i get it...and i love you.

    and i have a very belated "just because" gift for you at long last...one thousand gifts.

    ReplyDelete